There have been six installments in Wild Kingdom, my all-cards exposed look at a Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo Bounty tournament. Yesterday’s post—covering hands 101-120—got the 65-entry game down to 12 players. More on that tomorrow.
The Portland Meadows Poker Room had an open house on Kentucky Derby Day, last Saturday. The newly-renovated room opens for business with a noon tournament on Monday, 16 May, with hope of a shootout starting at 1pm. 22 tables will include USB charging stations, the chairs are heavily padded, similar to those at some of the more posh Vegas poker room. There will be food and drink available. Lots of parking (though it was pretty full on Derby Day). Straight in through the main entrance, up a flight of stairs, and up behind the bleachers. They’re closing out the month with a big series (see the Deal for this week).
Deal of the Day: Portland Meadows Championship Poker Series
Portland Meadows Poker Room is getting off to an ambitious beginning, with a 15-event series from 21â€“28 May, with a total of $200K in guarantees. It culminates in a $100K guarantee ($300 buyin, $100 addon) on 28 May. The opener on 21 May is guaranteeing three $10K+$1K WSOP Main Event packages, including an entry and travel expenses, for $100 entry and $100 addon. Also featured are a $3K 6-Max (24 May), $1.5K PLO (25 May), and a $1.5K Seniors and $3K Big O, both on 26 May.
Kind of kicking myself, because it would be pointless for me to try for the Main Event seats since I’m going to be covering the Main Event as a reporter, and I’m going to miss the last two events in the series because I’ll be on the road to Vegas Memorial Day weekend.
This Week in Portland Poker
- It hadn’t been announced at press time, but the PDX Poker Club (formerly Encore) schedule has a $20K guarantee Saturday using their $80 buyin/live rebuy, $40 addon structure.
- Coming up 21 May at 2pm at The Game is a WSOP Main Event satellite event. $100 entry/rebuy and $50 addon and the winner receives a package including a seat and travel to Las Vegas. It’s been on the #PNWPokerCalendar for a couple of weeks; but it’s up against the three-seat tournament just announced at Portland Meadows. Which satellite will reign supreme?
Only a Day Away
- The Cal State Poker Championship at Commerce Casino culminates this weekend with a $500K guarantee Main Event, with entry days ($1,650 buyin) on Friday and Saturday, and final day Sunday.
- Saturday is Day 1A for the Rivercard $150K at Pala Casino north of San Diego. There are daily entry flights (except for Mondays and Tuesdays) through 28 May. With Day 2 on 29 May. An entry to the WSOP Main Event is taken out of the prize pool and awarded to the first place finisher.
- The Gardens Poker Festival starts Sunday with a $350 buyin $500K guarantee tournament.
- The Deepstack Extravaganza Warm-Up at The Venetian gets going Monday with a $250, 3-day $100K guarantee.
- Sacramento’s Stones Gambling Hall hosts the $100K guarantee Hydra tournament with two flights each day 20â€“22 May and Day 2 on 28 May.
- Jason Somerville’s Run It Up Reno starts 24 May at the Peppermill Casino. The first couple of days include a $235 entry with added Main Event seats, an All-In-Or-Fold, a Survivor tournament, and PLO 6-Max.
Check out the #PNWPokerCalendar for more poker.