WSOP Event #26 $1K PLO Final
Vancouver (the one in Washington) player Noah Merritt outlasted 1,290 other PLO players to make it to 3rd place and an impressive $89K cash. He gets it in good with a straight on the flop on his final hand but is outdrawn.
WSOP Event #27 $10K Seven Card Stud Final
Washington’s Scott Clements went from the middle of the pack at the start of the day to heads-up for what would have been his third bracelet. It was his second final table of the series, and he took home $148K in consolation money.
WSOP Event #28 $1.5K NLHE Monster Stack Day 1A/1B
51 PNW players made it through Monster Stack Day 1A, and another 71 survived Day 1B, bringing 122 into the field of 2,060 returning for Day 2. Notable (to me, anyway) among the PNW players was Robert Brewer, who I interviewed for PokerNews last month. As for the rest, I’ll let the table speak. With a total of about 7,200 entries over the two days (down over 500 entries from last year), there’s still nearly $1.3M up top, and 720 players will make the money, likely sometime late tonight.
|In the Money Finish Position||Rank End of Day 2||Rank End of Day 1||Player||State||Chips End of Day 1||Chips End of Day 2|
WSOP Event #29 $10K NL 2-7 Single Draw Day 1
Binion’s Poker Classic Event #20 $160 NLHE
Congrats to David Price and Matt Tonkins (both Washington) for 10th and 19th place finishes in the field of 207.
Binion’s Poker Classic Event #21 $160 NLHE
Sam Mueller of Portland took 5th in a field of 243. Christyna Thomas of White City, Oregon missed the bubble in 27th.
PHamous Poker Series Event #16 $130 NLHE Double Stack Turbo $5K Guarantee
This event got 127 entries and Rider Mosley of Veneta, Oregon took 7th for $500.
PHamous Poker Series Event #18 $150 Big O $5K Guarantee
203 entrants. Thomas Rabadan of Yakima, Washington took 9th, Cameron Herzog of Portland made it to 13th.
PHamous Poker Series Event #19 $400 NLHE $200K Guarantee
$200K in one day is the motto of this recurring event at Planet Hollywood. After a deal, four players up top of the 579 entrants took home about $20K each, another made $26K, and the first place finisher got $30K. Christopher Hogue of Spokane, Washington got 6.9K for 7th, which is still not a bad ROI. Also cashing in the event: Rajagopal Seshasankaran (WA) 29th place, Vincent Poudrier (OR) 32nd, Gerald Huynh (OR) 43rd, Alan Snow (WA) 60th, and Chun Chen (WA) 61st.
Today’s Las Vegas Series Events
Also see Kenny Hallert’s annual spreadsheet of tournaments.
- The Monster Stack isn’t all that’s going on at the WSOP. There’s a $1K NLHE tournament starting at noon, and a $3K PLO8 game at 4pm.
- The Venetian has the final flight of a $600 entry $250K guarantee, with a $30K guarantee NLHE Black Chip ($100) bounty tournament this evening for $300 buy-in.
- Planet Hollywood’s Goliath has two flights today, with final day tomorrow. $565 for entry/re-entry, and a $500K guarantee.
- Aria switches it up with a $450 2-7 Triple Draw tournament at 1pm and $130 NLHE in the evening.
- At the Wynn Summer Classic there’s a $25K guarantee NLHE game for a $300 buy-in.
- The Grand Poker Series has another $100K guarantee for $350 buy-in.
- Binion’s Poker Classic is where you can get your HORSE fix. $220 for a $10K guarantee.