Everyone seems to be taking a week off from winning (except for me). Maybe they’re resting up for Chinook Winds! Just a little bit of news before the good stuff, then….
Return of Portland Players Club
I have nothing to add to this, except for good job, Chadd!
Running from 16–21 March, the Classic has five tournaments this year. The events in the series (all starts at noon) are:
- 16 March (Wednesday): $4K Added NLHE, $250 buy-in.
- 17 March (Thursday): $4K Added NLHE, $200 buy-in.
- 18 March (Friday): $5K Added NLHE, $300 buy-in.
- 19 March (Saturday): $10K Added NLHE, $500 buy-in.
- 20 March (Sunday): $20K Added NLHE, $750 buy-in. Final Table Monday at 5pm.
There will, of course be plenty of cash game action—while there aren’t any Omaha tournaments, the cash room regularly spreads O8, PLO, and PLO8. If you haven’t been thre, Muckleshoot’s about a three-hour drive from Portland—you don’t have to go through Seattle, but you do have to get through the Olympia-Tacoma corridor on I5, so plan accordingly.
There are a number of satellites running for events at the casino. Call them or check out their web page for more info. The first satellite runs tonight at 7pm.
This Week in Portland Poker
- Final Table has announced double guarantees on Thursday for their 11am and 7pm tournaments. That’s a $2K guarantee (after the double) for $20 buy-in/re-buy/add-on and $3K ($40 buy-in/re-entry, $20 add-on).
- Friday and Saturday is the 10th Annual Northwest Deaf Poker Tournament at Portland Players Club’s new location in the A&L Sports Pub, on the opposite corner of the intersection of NE 60th & Glisan from the old location.
- Encore Club hosts this month’s $35K at 1pm on Saturday. $200 buy-in and re-entry; $80 add-on. 35-minute blind levels.
- This week at The Game, the road to the WSOP starts to roll out. They’re planning to send a number of players to Vegas this summer, and if you’d like to go along, you can play a freeroll Sunday at noon. Sunday’s winner gets airfare, two nights lodging in Vegas, and a Lake Mead boat ride. Next Wednesday at 2pm, there’s a $40 buy-in, $20 add-on tournament. The winner there gets the travel package and an entry into this year’s Colossus tournament. Next Saturday is another of the $10K Big Shot tournaments ($10K guaranteed to first place). A 70-player cap is in place for that event.
Only a Day Away
- Tonight at 7pm is the first satellite for the Muckleshoot Spring Poker Classic. Tonight’s satellite is $125. The info page and schedule aren’t clear about what the satellite is to, but for past series, winning one got you into multiple events during the series. There are satellites on the next three Wednesdays. Their Big Bounty game ($165 buy-in including $50 bounty) is Sunday at noon.
- The LA Poker Classic at Commerce Casino continues through 3 March. News on the schedule, play updates, and prizes are reported on their blog. Tomorrow starts the $500K guarantee Playboy NLHE event ($1,650 entry), with starting days through Saturday. A $225 $100K guarantee starts Saturday, and there’s $350 No Limit HORSE on Sunday. Tuesday is another $100K guaranteem with a $1.1K entry, and a $1,650 PLO8 tournament.
- The Venetian Deepstack Extravaganza runs through 2 March. Their blog is here. Thursday through Saturday are starting days for the $750K guarantee ($1.6K entry). Next Tuesday through Saturday are starts for a $250K guarantee with just a $250 entry.
- Today is the first of four starting days for the $1,650 Main Event at HPT Golden Gates, west of Denver.
- The Thunder Valley $100K Catapult starts Thursday. Five starting flights with $155 buy-in for a $100K guarantee, wrapping up on Sunday, 21 February. 8% of each flight returns for Day 2, players in the top 12% make at least $250. And if you’re free by 4pm Sunday, you can play a $340 Open Face Chinese Pineapple tournament!
- The Talking Stick Winter Poker Classic is a 3-day $400 buy-in event (I think). Maybe give them a call before you fly to Phoenix.
- The PacWest Poker Classic at Chinook Winds starts Saturday. It’s bookended by a $330 buy-in $50K guarantee NLHE 6-Max, and a $550 buy-in/$200 add-on Main Event with a $100K guarantee, Action starts 20 February.
- Next Wednesday is the start of the Card Player Poker Tour/Wynn Classic. just across the street from the Venetian Deepstack. Three signature events with $100K, $200K, and $500K guarantees, plus 10 more mostly $25K guarantees.
- The World Series of Poker Circuit at Bally’s begins next Thursday, with a $365 buy-in $250K guarantee. 29 February is what I believe is the first $580 Big O WSOPC ring event (other stops have featured $365 Big O tournaments).
- Friday, 26 February is the Great Canadian Freeze Out in Calgary. Seven events from C$110 to C$550 over a week-and-a-half.
Check out the Pacific Northwest Tournament Calendar for more poker.