Things are ramping down a bit in the poker world with the November Nine behind us and as the holidays approach. The Poker Mutant once again got shut out of the money in Pendleton, but I’m still looking for the next target. Wasn’t able to get to the WSOPC event at Planet Hollywood, and it doesn’t look like either of the Northern California events are on the schedule, but I’m hopeful about making it to The Bike next month. There’s money waiting for me there! Still no Prague on the horizon, but there’s always next year.
California will be heating up in January (see the calendar) with WPTDeepstacks, LAPC, HPT, and Ante Up series, plus some things that likely haven’t been announced.
I didn’t stay through the entire Wildhorse series, so I didn’t see this on my own, but congratulations are due to Minh Thy Ledao, a dealer at Final Table, who took first place in a deal at the Main Event over the weekend.
I don’t have all of the payout boards, but here are the ones from Tuesday and Wednesday last week.
Deal of the Day: WSOP Circuit, The Bike in LA, Event #14
Coming up in early December is the last West Coast stop for the WSOPC this year, and, as usual, The Bicycle Casino adds a little bit to the standard 12-event WSOPC schedule of events. This time around, an early event is a $150 buy-in tournament with a $100K guarantee. No re-buys. No re-entries. No add-ons. Which means they’re expecting more than 850 entries (with $30 coming off the top in fees) to make the guarantee. 25-minute blinds. 10K in chips (with an extra 2.5K if you pre-register on November 30th between 3pm and 9pm). Probably well over 10M chips will be in play, the game won’t be down to 50BB until the 100K/200K level, and the highest numbers on the structure sheet are 12K/24K, after 24 levels (almost 12 hours, with breaks). So it could be a long day if you’re going to win it. On the other hand, potential for pretty good ROI if you go deep on your $150.
This Week in Portland Poker
- Saturday at 4pm is The Big Shot at The Game on Barbur. It’s a $10K guaranteed tournament, with everything going to first place. $100 buy-in and $100 add-on, limited to 80 players, so get your ticket early.
- Aces Full is offering a $10 food voucher for BC’s bar (below the club) for anyone playing their shootouts (which start at 3pm).
- Tonight at 7:15 is a $1K guarantee Big O tournament at Portland Players Club. There’s a $2K Big O game there on Friday at the same time. And Saturday is a $1K NLHE Freeroll.
- Encore Club has announced a $35K guarantee, $200 entry/re-entry ($80 add-on) special tournament for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Tonight at 8pm is an $8K guarantee.
Only a Day Away
- The Venetian Deepstacks Extravaganza IV continues through a week from today. If you’re in Las Vegas today, you can catch the last entry day for their $1.6K entry $500K guarantee; this weekend is a$150K guarantee for $250 entry, and the last big event at the beginning of the week is a $100K guarantee for $400 entry.
- The LA Poker Open at Commerce Casino runs through Sunday. The $500K guarantee $1,650 entry Main Event has starting days on Friday and Saturday.
- The WSOP Circuit in Las Vegas continues at Planet Hollywood until Monday. Its Main Event is also this weekend, with a $1.5M guarantee for a $1.65K entry.
- WPTDeepstacks is running at Redding, California’s Win-River Casino. Friday and Saturday are entry days for the $1.1K Main Event with a $150K guarantee.
- Lucky Chances Casino in Colma (outside of San Francisco) has their 2015 Gold Rush running through the 23rd, but I didn’t get it on the calendar until this week. Saturday and Sunday are entry days for a tournament with $100K guaranteed to first place, with a $1,080 buyin.
- Saturday is the opening of the Ante Up Poker Series event at Thunder Valley north of Sacramento. Twelve major tournaments, including a $150K guarantee Main Event with a buyin of $1.1K.
- According to an ad in CardPlayer magazine, the day after Thanksgiving is the start of Larry Flynt’s Holiday Poker Classic at LA’s Hustler Casino, a $250K guarantee tournament with multiple entry days and a buyin of just $275. It doesn’t appear on the Hustler Casino web site, however.
- Deepstacks Poker Tour has the Championship series for its 2015 season in Calgary at Grey Eagle Resort beginning the weekend after Thanksgiving. The Main Event is a $500K guarantee with a C$2.5K entry fee.
- November 29th is the Last Sunday of the Month tournament at Tulalip Casino north of Seattle, a $520 (including dealer bonus chips) tournament with approximately 100 players, and $5K added to the prize pool.
Check out the Pacific Northwest Tournament Calendar for more poker.