Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Oh, and the first day of the 2016 World Series of Poker. Live action, single table satellites, and Daily Deepstacks got under way yesterday, but the first bracelet event of the series—the Casino Employees NLHE—starts at 11am. Start it right with Total.
Portland Meadows Regular Schedule
Now that their big $100K capper to the opening series was a success, the new Portland Meadows Poker Room is kicking off their regular schedule with the (so far) largest daily noon tournament guarantee: $2.5K.
Just a note to everyone. Facebook is not a great option for posting information. It makes it difficult to find information for people who aren’t already subscribed to your page. And if you’re going to tell users of your web page to “CLICK ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR ENTIRE WEEKLY SCHEDULE,’ then put a damn link on the web page to your Facebook page.
Despite my promise to myself that I was going to ramp back on writing for the blog, I started a daily recap of my next seven weeks in Las Vegas as a live reporter for the WSOP. We’ll see how long that motivation lasts. In the first couple of installments (“Let There Be Light” and “Leaving Money On the Table”), I recap getting here and cashing in one of the Venetian’s Survivor tournaments.
This Week in Portland Poker
- PDX Poker Club is running a special for players in their weekday noon $2K NLHE tournaments: Show up before the game starts and you get a $10 free door fee card, $10 off a joint (you’ve got to love the Portland poker scene), and free coffee. Offer good until they pull it. They’re also adding $500 in house money to the prize pool of the noon tournament through Friday.
- Just going to mention Rialto and Claudia’s and Brekken’s for a change. No specials that I’m aware of.
Only a Day Away
- This weekend’s big event at the Venetian’s Deepstack Extravaganza is a $600 buyin $250K guarantee, with starting flights Saturday and Sunday mornings. Sunday evening is a $600 PLO8 tournament with a $60K guarantee.
- A lot of grumbling at the Planet Hollywood Goliath 2016 after they rescinded the guarantee on the opening event after a number of players had already scheduled trips. The amount on version 3 of the schedule was dropped from $150K to $100K, and “guaranteed” was changed to “estimated.” This weekend’s $1M event still says “guaranteed.”
- The Grand Poker Series at Golden Nugget hosts Poker Night in America this weekend. Ladies first!
- As mentioned, the first day of the WSOP is today. This weekend will be consumed with the Colossus II. Also of note is the $10K Seven Card Stud Saturday afternoon, Sunday’s Top Up Turbo NLHE, which lets you win extra chips online at WSOP.com, and the Dealers Choice 6-Handed, also on Sunday. Tuesday is HORSE and next Wednesday is 6-Handed NLHE.
- The Bicycle Casino Summer Poker Series starts today.
- The Wynn Summer Classic starts tomorrow.
- Binions starts a series Friday.
- Coming up Tuesday is Bay 101 Summer Madness, with a series of mostly $350 buyin tournaments through 12 June. Mega satellites on Sunday and Monday get you seats to the whole series.
- The new Medford Poker Club has a Grand Opening 10 June. If you’re down south, drop in for a look.
Check out the #PNWPokerCalendar for more poker.