Portland Meadows Freezeout Series Wrapup
Because of some conflicts in my schedule, I was only able to make a couple of these events (#4 and #8 and no cash in either), but it seemed as if it was a successful series, everything crushed the guarantees (more than double in the $300 Main Event and nearly triple in the Big O). After busting the bounty game, I was able to get into the Big O shootout for an hour and come out even for the night, despite being down to 3bb at one point). Never give up! Never surrender! (All but the last photo courtesy Brian Sarchi and the Facebook NW Poker group).
|No image at|
2018 Tulalip Annual Poker Pow Wow
The Pow Wow is back bigly in January (6–21) with sixteen days of events, including a 2-game mix (PLO8 and Something called Pot Limit 5 Card Holdout) and a 4-game mix (PLO, PL Hold’em, PLO8, and PL Hold’em 8 or Better —whaaaaa?), as well a a $500 buyin $100K GTD Main Event).
Pacific Northwest Poker Leaderboard
Two big cashes from across the Atlantic this week, following on the heels of Liz Tedder’s run in WPT Deepstacks events in Morocco and Holland. Richard Pittman from Olympia got his first big recorded score at a World Series of Poker International Circuit side event in Rozvadov in the Czech Republic. He took 2nd place in the King’s Big Stack, a €100K ($117.5K) GTD with just a €140 buyin. Pittman was the only US player (out of 95 who made the money) to cash in the event.
Brandon Cantu was also in Rozvadov (WSOP Europe started Thursday, just after the Circuit series), and he made it to 14th place in the €1M GTD Circuit Main Event.
This Week In Portland Poker
It’s always like this.
Only a Day Away
- You have until Saturday (two flights each day) to get into the $500K GTD Main Event at the Liz Flynt Fall Poker Classic in Gardena’s Hustler Casino, with $100K guaranteed to first place. Buyin is $325. There’s a PLO tournament on Halloween ($235 buyin) and a Bounty Survivor tournament the next day: $235 buyin with $1K for 10% of entrants and $100 bounties.
- WPTDeepstacks San Diego, at the Ocean’s 11 Casino starts its $200K GTD Main Event ($1,100 buyin) tomorrow, with entry flights on Friday and Saturday, as well.
- One of the closest stops the WSOPC makes is in Lake Tahoe, and that’s coming up a week from tomorrow.
- The World Series of Poker Circuit Lake Tahoe starts tomorrow at Harvey’s. There’s a PLO event at 4pm Thursday, 6-Max on Monday, and the $1,675 Main Event begins next Friday. Tahoe is generally one of the smaller Circuit stops, perfect for anyone who’s hunting for a Ring.
- Tulalip Casino’s Last Sunday of the Month tournament is Sunday at 11am. It’s $330 with $5K added to the prize pool.
- The Muckleshoot 5th Sunday tournament is at noon Sunday. It’s a $400 buyin with $3K added.
- Mid-States Poker Tour Denver Poker Open gets satellites going on the day before Halloween and a $100K GTD event kicks things off next Thursday.
- Monday is also the start of the Venetian Deepstack Extravaganza IV, which runs though Thanksgiving weekend. It features seven events with guarantees in the range of $100K to $400K, as well as PLO, PLO8, Survivor and PLO Bounty tournaments.
- The Wildhorse Fall Poker Round Up has $40K added to the prize pool, starts next Thursday, and runs runs 11 days.
- The LA Poker Open has 17 days of play at the Commerce Casino starting a week from Friday.