Chinook Winds Fall Coast Classic
It’s upon us! Oregon’s other big-time poker series, down at the beach, starts this weekend with a $75K GTD NLHE 6-Max, with two starting days (saturday and Sunday) and reentry through level 6 (40 minute levels) both days. Total cost is $340 ($300 entry + $30 fee + $10 dealer appreciation).
The week is jam-packed with satellites to the Main Event, plus a $25K GTD Seniors tournament (changed to 50+ now that I meet the former, higher, restriction) on Tuesday, $10K GTD Limit Omaha Hi-Lo on Wednesday (you’d think that game would be seniors-only!), a Boss Bounty tournament Wednesday night with $200 bounties paid by the casino, and $20K GTD Big O on Thursday, along with cash games and more. Check out the PDF with the schedule and structures.
In a twist this series, the $150K GTD NLHE Main Event is no reentry. Once and done. Day 1 (of 2) is 23 September, entry is $575 ($500 entry + $50 fee + $25 dealer appreciation), and there’s a $200 addon after level 6. Total chip buy is 40K + 30K.
I’m hoping to make it down for more than just the Main Event; see you all there!
Pacific Northwest Poker Leaderboard
The new name on the leaderboard this week is Brian Keller from Sammamish, who dropped into the $800 buyin 8-Max at the Venetian in Las Vegas (along with another 284 entries) and came out in third place for an impressive first Hendon Mob cash.
Gary Swaney of Olympia has been posting results for a decade, but hit his biggest cash in a different Venetian event, the $400 SuperStack, which drew 129 entries. No official reports, but it appears Swaney took second in a heads-up deal.
Happy Birthday, Kevmath!
For anyone in the poker industry—and particularly anyone who spends time poring over tournament schedules—Kevin Mathers aka @Kevmath stands tall (really, he’s well over six feet). His birthday was Monday. He’s the backbone of poker Twitter (his tenth anniversary is coming up next May), and by then he should be well over 100K tweets (he’s only 3400 off that mark). He turned an obsession with poker and a near-encyclopedic knowledge of players and past results (plus what must be phenomenally fast thumbs) into a hobby, then a profession, to the point that he’s been the official social media presence for the WSOP the past two years.
— Matt Savage (@SavagePoker) September 11, 2017
This Week In Portland Poker
Usual schedules this week in Portland.
Only a Day Away
- The Muckleshoot Summer Classic kicks off today with a $2K Added NLHE Shootour at noon and a Limit Omaha Hi-Lo tournament at 6pm. Their $20K Added Main Event ($750 entry, presumably with extra dealer addon) starts Sunday.
— Muckleshoot Casino (@Muckleshoot_C) September 13, 2017
- There’s a $200K GTD at Venetian Deepstack Extravaganza 3.5 this weekend. Starts at noon Friday and Saturday ($1100 entry), and finishing up on Sunday. Friday at 5:05pm is a PLO/PLO8 mix with $250 buyin and $7K GTD. Tuesday is the first flight os a $250 buyin $250K GTD tournament. You can get updates and info at the poker room blog.
- Friday at 5pm is the $20K GTD Big O game at the Commerce Poker Series with a $570 entry. The $1M Main Event ($1100 entry) starts today, with entry days through Saturday. You can follow action on Twitter @LAPC and @TheJustinHammer.
- Entry to the Heartland Poker Tour Golden Gates Casino in Colorado Main Event runs from today through Saturday with a $1650 buyin. Sunday features a $3K buyin 2-day 8-Max High Roller.
- The Deepstacks Poker Tour’s Battle of Alberta: Edmonton at Casino Yellowhead Main Event starts tomorrow. C$1100 buyin, with entry days through Saturday.
- The Aria/PokerGO Poker Masters starts today!
- The World Series of Poker Circuit Thunder Valley starts tomorrow with a $365 entry Ring event with a $250K guarantee. There are five entry flights (two each on Thursday and Friday and one on Saturday). PLO on MOnday, HORSE on Tuesday (both $365, both Ring events). A week from Friday is the $500K GTD Main Event ($1675 entry). Inconveniently scheduled against Chinook Winds.
- Los Angeles’s Gardens Poker Classic/Poker Night in America starts Friday and runs the second half of the month, kicking off with a $565 Main Event with $1M GTD and 12 entry flights. There’s a PLO 6-Max on 25 September and a Big O/7-Card Stud Hi Lo 29 September (the Big O is possibly limit since that seems to be what they mean in Southern California unless its explicitly pot limit).
- At Talking Stick Resort in Arizona, the Arena Poker Room Seniors Poker Open starts Saturday, with a $500 buyin.
- Heartland Poker Tour is at Ameristar Casino St. Charles a week from today. The casino is 8 miles from the St. Louis airport (STL).
- The monthly Lucky Chances Casino (Colma, south of San Francisco) $20K guaranteed to first place is coming up 24 September at 9:30am. It’s $375 including the dealer addon. Dates for their annual Gold Rush Series have been relased; it runs 12–19 November, and features a two-day tournament with $100K guaranteed to first.
- The Tulalip Last Sunday of the Month has a $25K GTD and $100 bounties for September. It starts 24 September at 11am with a $340 buyin.
- Two weeks off is the Wynn Fall Classic. There are three big events, with the first the $400K GTD European Open (no need to be European to play) $1100 entry, with live streaming of the event. Online poker site Unibet has been running satellites for the event and will be bringing in 200 qualifiers.
- The second part of the Deepstacks Poker Tour Battle of Alberta starts in Calgary on 28 September.
- The Stones $250K Fall Classic starts 29 September at Stones Gambling Hall with five side events, satellites, and a $150K GTD Main Event.